We’re pleased to announce that we have officially released the latest Mikogo software, Version 5.2. After completing a successful round of intense testing, the new software is now available for download for both Windows and Mac users, including Mac Yosemite 10.10.
What to expect: the biggest update to Mikogo v5.2 is the series of feature additions and improvements to the Mikogo Scheduler. On top of that, we have released an audio recording feature for your Mikogo VoIP calls, the latest version of the HTML Viewer, and further usability improvements. And you can download Version 5.2 for free! Full details below.
What’s New in Mikogo Version 5.2
1) New Mikogo Scheduler
The release of 5.2 brings several new areas of functionality to the Scheduler:
- Time Zone Format: the UTC time display has been replaced with the local time zone, which is retrieved from the user’s computer clock settings.
- Add to Calendar: there is now an “Add to Calendar” feature which will save your scheduled session in your email calendar along with the correct time zone and meeting details. It’s saved as an .ics file and works in Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, and all major email clients.
- Include Phone Conference Information: back by popular demand, we have re-introduced this feature into 5.2. Check this box to include the Mikogo phone conference numbers in the details of a scheduled session. The conference numbers will then be included when you email/copy the session or add it to your calendar.
- Remind Me Email: use this feature to receive a reminder email a couple of hours before your scheduled session.
- AM/PM or 24HR: the user’s 12HR or 24HR computer clock settings are auto-detected and taken into account when scheduling sessions and displaying the saved details.
2) Combined Audio and Screen Recording
Until now, the Mikogo recording feature was just for the screen sharing function of the software, but now in this latest release you can record both the audio track and screen recording together. The file extension will be “mik”, which is our own proprietary recording file format. To playback the combined recording, you will need to download the latest session player. You’ll find further information about Mikogo audio recording here.
3) New HTML Viewer Release
Version 5.2 also brings with it the latest release of the HTML Viewer, including the following feature improvements:
- Live screen transmission updates take place at horizontal 1920 x 80px tiles instead of 480 x 300px, resulting in faster screen sharing.
- The addition of a “limited frame rate” which results in better performance due to less resource consumption on the user’s browser.
- Umlauts (e.g. ä, ö, and ü) are now properly displayed in the HTML Viewer screen texts.
4) Usability Improvements
the Mikogo panel will better take into account magnification issues so text and content in the software window is displayed optimally. Magnification issues on Windows 8 are of particular importance for people with high-resolution monitors and Microsoft Surface tablets. The panel will grow and resize with the magnification level making it easier on the eye and more user-friendly.
5) Proxy Connectivity Improvements
We have made improvements to the software for initiating sessions via a proxy connection on Windows. Previous Mikogo versions would first try a direct connection to start a session, and if that does not work, it would try a proxy connection. In Version 5.2 if a direct connection is not possible, the software will auto-detect the PAC file, the information is saved in the connections.ini file (which is also saved for the next time), and a connection is established to start a session. This results in faster connection times for those Windows users looking to start a session via a proxy.
Users can configure the proxy information in the software under Settings, which is also available in the Mac version. However the connection process via a proxy remains the same for Mac users.
Thank You Everyone!
Many of the above additions to and improvements in Mikogo are based on feedback we received from you. Thank you to everyone who contacts us with suggestions and feedback. You help us provide the best online meeting software for your needs. If you would like to see something added to Mikogo, please feel free to get in touch with us.
How to Get Mikogo Version 5.2
The new software and its features is available as a free download. Visit the Mikogo Downloadpage or click the button below to download Version 5.2 for Windows or Mac, and simply run the software. The new version will overwrite the previous version of Mikogo on your computer and your account details, including scheduled sessions, will be transferred into the new software.
We will soon release an automatic update notification via the software for all users, however we recommend that you update to Version 5.2 now to get the latest updates and familiarize yourself with the software before your next online meeting.