Supporting someone with their IT problems via a remote connection can be very satisfying. Problems can be resolved in a matter of minutes. But not if you have trouble accessing the PC system windows…
Luckily Mikogo’s “Enable Service” feature allows you, as the IT technician, to view and control all systems and UAC windows on your client’s computer. Even better – we now have a new remote support join session page for this exact purpose where the service is automatically enabled on your client’s computer, ensuring that you have best and smoothest level of remote control.
What is the “Enable Service” feature?
This is a button found in the Mikogo software settings and by enabling the service, Mikogo can then access the Windows service including UAC windows. For example, let’s imagine you’re supporting a client remotely on a Windows computer and you go to their Control Panel. Opening some areas here will result in a UAC window appearing. If the service is disabled, such windows will not be visible or clickable to the remote support technician.
But if your client enables the service on their side, you can:
- View and click on all UAC windows (below is an example of such a window)
- Access all areas of the Control Panel
- Switch between user accounts
- Run programs as administrator
The New Remote Join Session Page
The advantage of the remote join session page is that after your client joins, the service is automatically enabled providing you with the three benefits listed in the bullet points above, and hence the best remote connection.
When your client joins your Mikogo session from remote.mikogo.com a UAC window will appear asking for their permission to run Mikogo. If they click Yes, the rest will take care of itself!
Who is this for?
This new page has been created for remote support clients. As the remote IT technician, you should direct your clients to this page to ensure the service is enabled on their side.
You may remember that we announced the go.mikogo.info page a little while ago. So to make sure we’re all on the same wavelength, here is a quick summary of the Join Session pages we have available at Mikogo:
- go.mikogo.com – this is the main page for participants to join from. It offers the standard connection method by downloading the participant program, as well as the HTML Viewer. (The service is not enabled for participants joining via this page).
- go.mikogo.info – direct your participants to this page when you want them to only join via the HTML Viewer. Remember, this means zero downloads for the participants and is for presentations.
- remote.mikogo.com – brand-spanking new, this is the page you send your participants to if you are about to engage in a remote support session.
Discussion: do you use Mikogo for remote support? Next time you need to view and control a client’s computer, invite them to join from remote.mikogo.com and let us know how you find it by leaving us a comment – thanks!