The New Year is well underway, which means as a sales professional you already have your sales targets for 2015 in place and are making serious efforts to reach your goals. It’s important to consider industry trends and environmental influences which may assist or impede you on your path to success.
We spoke with 14 influential sales leaders about their predictions for 2015 to help you best prepare for the year ahead. This select group of experts are renowned for their repeated sales success and have been pivotal in driving global businesses forward.
Predictions for 2015 by 14 Sales Thought Leaders
We asked the experts for their predictions on, what trends can we expect to see in sales in 2015?
The sales leaders also shared their thoughts on what will be key to businesses making sales, as well as the challenges which sales professionals may face.
Here are their responses:
1. Dan McDade
President and CEO of PointClear, LLC. Named one of the 50 most influential people in sales lead management for the last five consecutive years (Sales Lead Management Association)
Chief Marketing Officer, Act-On Software – Marketing Automation for the Real World
3. Kyle Porter
CEO, SalesLoft – Sales Development Prospecting & Automation
4. Jill Rowley
Keynote Speaker / Social Selling Evangelist / Startup Advisor / Modern Marketing Expert / Change Agent
5. Joe Hyland
Chief Marketing Officer, Taulia – Cloud-Based Invoice, Payment and Dynamic Discounting Management Solutions
6. Matt Heinz
President, Heinz Marketing Inc – Sales acceleration, demand generation, pipeline management
7. Dave Oliver
Director of e-Applications, United American Insurance Company
Business Development Executive, Shiftsuite – Condo / HOA Accounting & Management Software
CEO/Co-Founder, Vsnap – Faster lead conversion for inside sales teams
10. Daniel Kushner
CEO, Oktopost – The Platform built for B2B Social Media Marketing
11. Tim Paige
Conversion Educator, LeadPages – The ‘Next Generation’ Lead Generation Platform
Sales & Marketing Strategist and bestselling author of ten books including The New Rules of Sales and Service
13. Fred Shilmover
CEO, Insightsquared – Business Analytics app for data-driven executives
14. Scott Kabat
Chief Marketing Officer, Prezi – the Interactive, Cloud-Based Presentation Platform
- Sales success is dependent upon more than just inbound marketing. This year sales will adopt further marketing techniques including marketing automation, lead nurturing and sales development. Sales and marketing must work closer together than ever before.
- Get social by networking online with your potential buyers. Wherever they are, you should be too, because buyers will do business with those they can relate to.
- Analytical data from social, marketing and management will play a crucial role in sales. Technology and online sales tools, as well as data, will enable salespeople to focus on the middle of a buyer’s journey and shorten the sales cycle.
- There is a lot of competition for the attention of buyers, and world-class sales teams will rise above the rest by offering greater value and measurable benefits to prospects.
Download and Share
The above sales leaders’ predictions are available as a free PDF download. Just click the button below to open the file:
All statements by the thought leaders are also available as a slideshare:
Join the Discussion:
So there you have it. Feel free to forward these quotes (or the PDF above) to your sales team. Use your favorite quote as your desktop wallpaper which will serve as a nice form of motivation – start your workday with advice on what’s most important in sales this year, direct from the experts!
- Which trends resonate most with your line of sales?
- What are your predictions for sales trends in 2015?
Share your thoughts in a comment below.