In general, when you invite a participant to join a Mikogo session, you no doubt direct them to our Join Session page, get them to enter the session ID and join your session. However if you prefer, it is in fact possible for your participants to go straight to your own website and join from there. So how does this work?
We have created a way for you to integrate the session login form directly into your website. This is now available with Version 4.
How do I Integrate the Session Login?
If you visit our Documents page you will find a “Session Login Integration Guide“. This guide contains the HTML code that you will need to copy and paste into your website. Once you have done this, the session login will appear on your website, as shown below, with areas for the participant to enter the session ID and name. And they can select to join the session with the standard connection program or with the HTML Viewer.
What are the Benefits of this?
There are a couple of benefits of integrating the session login into your website:
- Firstly, you might find it easier to direct your participants to your own website, which they could already be familiar with, rather than going to go.mikogo.com. Some Mikogo users have requested this integration of the session login because they wanted a professional way of getting clients to join their sessions from their company website.
- Customization – this is probably the greatest benefit. Because you have direct access to the HTML code of the session login in your own website, there are several ways in which you can customize the session login:
- You can translate all the texts into your own language. For example, you can change the “Join Session” button text into “Participar” – if you have a Spanish website.
- You can change the color scheme of the session login so it better fits your website and corporate identity.
- Finally, you can remove one of the Connection Method options (Standard or HTML) so you only offer your participants one way to join. This is ideal, for example, when you want your participants to join an online presentation and only want them to join from the HTML viewer. You can then remove the standard connection method from your website session login.
Download the Session Integration Guide and feel free to use the code to add the Mikogo Session Login to your website.
Once you have integrated the session login on your website, feel free to leave a comment below and share a link to your website. We would love to, and I’m sure other Mikogo users would too, see your session login pages especially if you have customized it a bit to suit your website and corporate look.