Next Tuesday, the 13th July 2010, is Mikogo’s 3rd birthday and we’re inviting you to celebrate with us. Three years ago, Mikogo was released as a free screen sharing tool, with the initial expectation being that it would serve the needs of private users, students, and perhaps the occasional small business user. Well, 3 years later with over 400,000 registered users it is safe to say that Mikogo has developed into a lot more than that.
On Tuesday, we hope that you will all join us in celebrating Mikogo’s birthday by sending us a short birthday message via our Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn page, to share your support for the Mikogo software.
Celebrate with us!
If you’re a Mikogo user and been enjoying our software for the last 3 years, or even just the last 3 days, we would really appreciate it if you could send us a birthday message next Tuesday. We would love to hear from all the Fans on Mikogo‘s birthday and turn Tuesday into an online celebration.
Simply leave us a post on our Facebook wall, either on our profile page or product page, or send us a tweet to @Mikogo, or leave a comment on our LinkedIn group page. Just a short tweet or message to say hi and happy b’day – thanks! I look forward to hearing from you.
The Last Three Years…
With a few standard screen sharing features, Version 1 of Mikogo quickly took off and over the next 6 months was suddenly attracting the attention of many businesses. With this in mind, we looked to enhance Mikogo’s functionality and reach out to the growing Mikogo Community. Since then, the following took place:
- We provided a forum for all users to contact us and get some help, along with tutorials and videos to help the new users familiarize themselves with the software.
- We released a Skype Extra to combine free calls with free screen sharing.
- We launched our first blog along with the newsletter to keep everyone in the Mikogo-Loop.
- We released Version 2 with several new features, and later released the Mac version, and later again, Version 3 of the software.
- New-look logo, website and software – we reshaped Mikogo to meet the needs of business users, after they gave us their feedback on the original look of Mikogo.
- We launched the website in another 7 languages, in addition to the original English website.
- And so much more that would make this blog post TOO long if I listed them
From 2007 to 2010:
Now we’re working on Mikogo Version 4 – an innovative release that will take the web conferencing industry by storm. Look out for it when we announce its release on our blog.
If you have any other Mikogo milestones in mind that you want to share, please do so in a comment below or via Facebook or Twitter.
Thanks and looking forward to your tweets and messages!