The new Mikogo website is out and therefore it is time that we release Mikogo in several new languages, starting with the translation of the website! If you’d like to see Mikogo in your native language and you’d like to help us with the translation process, then read on for further details.
Previously we set up a poll about this, and a lot of people volunteered and wanted to be translators for Mikogo. And now the time has come!
As this is the first step in translating Mikogo, we will begin by focusing on just a few languages, and later on we will translate Mikogo into an even greater number of world languages.
Consequently we are looking for native speakers who are willing to help us translate the Mikogo website into:
- Chinese (Mandarin)
If you are interested in helping us translate the Mikogo website into one of the above languages, please let me know which language you can help us with and contact me by:
- leaving a comment
- or sending me an email to andrew(at)mikogo.com
Of course we will later translate Mikogo into many more languages. So stay tuned for that
If you are interested in translating Mikogo, I’ll just give you a quick overview of how we will go about this:
- Firstly, we have prepared a document which contains the Mikogo website content. We will then send this document to a volunteer translator for each language.
- The translator will attempt to translate the document into their native language. If you translate the entire document – great! – that means we can release the new website very quickly. But we don’t expect you to translate the whole document on your own, so just do as much as you can We appreciate all the support the Mikogo Community can give us.
- Once the translator has completed as much as they can, they can send it back to us.
- When the document is completed, that means we have a translated version of Mikogo in a new language! And therefore it won’t be long before we have the website in more and more languages.
Remember, there is no minimum amount that you should translate. Please just translate what you can, and send it back to us. Any work and support that you can provide us is much appreciated!
Where to get the document?
Simply get in contact with me (contact details above) and I’ll let you know.
Looking forward to getting Mikogo into new languages – should be great!