One of the biggest concerns for many businesses is time management. The new version of our web conferencing software includes the Mikogo Scheduler (now available on both Windows and Mac computers) to help you manage and plan your sessions in advance. With this in mind, we bring you the next Mikogo Tip blog post to help you get the most from the Mikogo Scheduler and its functions, to prepare yourself and your participants for your next online meeting or remote support session.
Accessing the New Scheduler
First thing to note is that in order to access the Scheduler it is necessary to have a registered Mikogo account. After you have entered your user data in the Account Information drawer, a new icon will appear in your Mikogo Panel.
Click on the new icon to expand the Scheduler drawer and you will have access to the different tools required to Add, Delete, and Edit scheduled sessions. Another way you can access this feature is by right-clicking the M icon displayed in the Windows System Tray (Menu Bar for Mac users). You will see that the Scheduler has been added to the Mikogo Menu and can even be accessed during a current session.
Scheduling a New Session
To schedule a new session, click on the Scheduler button to open the Scheduler, and then click on the Add button in the bottom-left corner of the Scheduler. This will open the following Scheduler window (see image to the right). From here you can enter the following details for the upcoming session:
- Time and Date
- Session Password
Further options allow you to enter a Session Password and Conference Call Information where you can select the default service numbers (from our Audio Conferencing page) or you can type in the details of your own conferencing service.
You can also send yourself a Reminder via email. The reminder is sent one day (24hrs) before the start of the scheduled session.
Once you have entered all your meeting details, please click on the Save button in order to complete the process.
Editing or Deleting a Scheduled Session
As soon as your session has been saved it will appear in the overview of the Scheduler. To access further features, such as editing or deleting your session or copying/emailing the session info, please click on the respective session (to highlight it in blue – do not double-click it) and then click on one of the following buttons at the bottom of the Scheduler drawer:
- the button if you want to edit any detail
- the button if you want to delete the session
- the button if you want to copy or email the session info. By selecting Email Invitation, your default email client will open a new email with the session info in it. Alternatively, you can select Copy Invitation, then open a new email or a new document and simply paste the info into it.
There are some points to note with the Scheduler:
- By scheduling multiple sessions, the Scheduler allows you to reserve multiple session IDs, which you can then use repeatedly. This is a secure and reliable option for users who like to keep and repeatedly use the same session ID for their meetings. When you schedule a session using the Scheduler, Mikogo will assign you a random session ID, which will be reserved to your Mikogo account. This allows you to save multiples session IDs to send in advance to your meeting participants.
- You can edit details of your scheduled sessions at any time (e.g. time, date, recurrence, etc.) and hence keep the reserved session ID. This gives you the freedom to change any detail while still holding the same session ID.
- Please remember that the start time of the session is an independent detail that you selected yourself. You do not have to start the session at that exact time. You can start your session at any time that suits you, and your Scheduler will still start the session with the same reserved session ID.
Starting a Scheduled Session
On the day of a scheduled session, go to “Start Session” and double-click on the scheduled session that you wish to start (see image to the right), and do not click the Start Session button. Please note that Today’s Scheduled Sessions will always be displayed at the bottom of the Start Session drawer. Instantly your scheduled session with the reserved session ID will start.
Alternatively, if you wish to start a session scheduled for another day, please go to the Scheduler to open your list of scheduled sessions and double-click on the session you wish to start.
Participants Joining Your Session
Once your participants have received the invitation with all the details about the meeting, they can go to http://go.mikogo.com and join using either the connection program (download involved) or via the HTML Viewer. In general, they can follow the same steps and process as joining any ad-hoc Mikogo session. If they click the link from within the email invitation, then the Session ID field will be pre-filled for them when they land on go.mikogo.com.
Please remember to use Application Selection before starting your session. This way your confidential information will not be shown to the participants.
We hope you enjoy using the new Version 4.0 Scheduler!